- there are smart people who believe in a higher power
- there are smart people who don’t believe in anything
- there are idiots who believe in a higher power
- there are idiots who don’t believe in anything
- a person’s level of intelligence is not dictated by their view on religion
Talking Down Your Classroom Boner [Click for full post]
Jason, 13, sits in the back of Ms. Stevens’ 7th Grade Algebra class.
Jason: That’s enough, you’ve had your fun. Now it’s time to come down.
Boner: Not until I get what I deserve!
Jason: I will not negotiate with a mad man.
Boner: No? Then I’ll BLOW UP! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!
Jason: No, no, no. No one wants that. Come down and we’ll talk like men.
Boner: Don’t fuckin’ patronize me, man. I know as soon as I come down you’ll forget all about me. I’M GONNA BLOW. I SWEAR TO GOD I’LL DO IT!
Jason: Do you remember ‘86? You want us to end up like Tommy Fitz? Ring a bell? 8th grader. Pooped his pants in gym and had to transfer schools. We don’t want another Fitz situation on our hands.
Boner: You think I want to be like this. You brought me here. You did this to me. You turned me into this monster.
Jason: Me? How?
Boner: You! EVERYONE! Jessica Callahan. Ms. Stevens’ tight sweater. The parabola on page 22. So curvy! YOU DID THIS TO ME!
Jason: Mistakes have been made on both sides, but it doesn’t have to end this way. Talk to me.
Boner: I just want my freedom. I’m locked up like an animal in here! I demand fresh air 24/7.
Jason: You know we can’t do that. Continue
1. We are here to help you
2. You will have enough time to get to class before the bell rings
3. The dress code will be enforced
4. No smoking allowed on school grounds
5. Our football team will win championship this year
6. We expect more of you here
7. Guidance Counselors are always available to listen
8. Your schedule was created with your needs in mind
9. Your locker combination is private
10. These will be the years you look back in fondly.
|—||Laurie H. Anderson|
I think I can travel around the equator 80 times with all the scrolling I’ve done on tumblr,